Here we'll look at who we'll be sending the emails to.
Now we have set up what to send and when to send it, we need to outline who to send the campaign to. We do this by assigning an audience.
Audiences can be created in one of two ways:
- By searching and sourcing contact details from the Outbase Audience builder - our extensive professional profile database.
- By uploading a CSV file of contact details sourced from your own database or from data supplied by third parties. We refer to these as file-based audiences.
Here we are going to show you the steps for creating an audience in the Audience Builder - our extensive and powerful professional profile database, where you can source and verify contact information for your ideal prospects. Details for Uploading a file-based audience can be found in the Data & Targeting section of our User Guide.
1. Let's get started, by clicking on the Configure button in the Audiences section.
- If you have already created an audience in your account, you can assign the relevant audience for this campaign from the dropdown menu.
- You can also create and assign a new audience by picking Create new audience from the dropdown menu.
- You can also choose to import a file-based audience by uploading a CSV.
Campaign Settings - Configure target audience
2. Click Audience builder:
3. In the Audience builder in the left column, you will see available filters that you can set, to start building your audience. As a starting point we recommend using:
- COMPANY FILTERS:
- Employees - indicates the size of a company (how many people they employ) e.g. if you want to target medium to enterprise companies, you might select the 201-10,000+ filters
- Industry - the industry the company is classified as e.g. if you wanted the financial sector you might select Banking, Financial Services, Insurance and Investment Banking
- CONTACT FILTERS:
- Title - the job title of the prospects you would like to contact e.g. Analyst
- Location - where the prospect is located e.g. United States
For more details on all the filters available and how these work, see the Audience Builder section of our User Guide.
4. You can then review the companies and contacts that are coming through based on your filters and adjust as necessary. 5. When you’re happy with your selections, click the Create audience button on the top right of your screen. 6. Name your audience and assign it to your campaign (or to multiple campaigns) using the dropdown menu. 7. Outbase will then start creating your audience (this may take a few seconds):
Creating an Audience
8. When Outbase has finished creating the audience, you still need to assign it to this campaign. In the pop-up that appears, select the audience you have just created to assign it to the campaign.
Outbase will then add prospects from this audience into the relevant campaign at a rate determined by your daily send volumes and message sequences. This ensures that we source the freshest possible contact details for your prospects.
When contacts are sourced for your campaign and become prospects these credits will be deducted from your credit balance and you will be able to see the prospects’ full details (including email addresses). So, if you are on a free trial you might want to use all 100 credits on one audience, or prefer to split this between more than one audience.
9. Click I’m done.
10. Now in the Audience section of your campaign, you will see the audience you have created and assigned to the campaign.
Campaign Settings - Audience assigned to campaign